Now Recruiting: Trainee Gate and Barrier Engineer
Posted on 10th July 2018
Working as part of a team, as a Trainee Gate and Barrier Engineer, you shall be responsible to assist and learn the process of installation/maintenance and repairs on gates and barriers, under the supervision and training of the lead engineer.
This is a full time, permanent position, based in Norwich and working in and around East Anglia. Salary is dependent on experience.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assisting the lead engineer as directed, and learning the process involved – taking notes when required for future reference.
- Proactively learn from the lead engineer and using all available resource to assist with your training, such as online tutorials and gate/barrier installation/maintenance and repair documents available.
- Being responsible for the van being clean and tidy inside, and maintain the stock and equipment levels.
- To assist in preparing for up and coming jobs.
- Build relationships with customers, being polite and helpful at all time. Also learning to recognise any needs the customer may have that we can fulfil.
- Adhere to the company health and safety policy always.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake and attend relevant training and development activities, and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, as required by the company.
- CSCS site operative card holder – will provide training if not held.
- Full UK Driving licence required, as driving company vehicles will be required with this role.
Please email your CV and covering letter to Matt Large at email@example.com with the subject line “Trainee Gate and Barrier Engineer”.
For any more information on this position please call 01603 410304.